Salt-baked snapper with cucumber, radish & asian veggies salad
The ingredient of Salt-baked snapper with cucumber, radish & asian veggies salad
- 2kg coarse rock salt
- 2 medium (about 600g every) gutted and wiped clean whole snapper, unscaled
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 5cm-piece galangal, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Chinese prawn crackers (Osha emblem), to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut halves
- 1 x 100g pkt child Asian veggies
- 1 inexperienced cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 bunch radishes, washed, stems and roots trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Salt-baked snapper with cucumber, radish & asian veggies salad
- Preheat oven to two hundredu00b0C. Place half of the salt over the base of a roasting pan. Place fish on top. Divide lime slices, galangal, garlic and five spice among fish cavities. Top with ultimate salt, urgent it firmly round fish. Bake in oven for half-hour. Remove from oven and set apart for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, add enough oil to a big saucepan to attain a intensity of 10cm. Heat over excessive warmness (while oil is ready, a dice of bread will turn golden brown in 10 seconds). Deep-fry prawn crackers, in batches, following packet directions until puffed and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to switch to a plate coated with paper towel.
- To make the salad, area walnuts in a small frying pan over medium warmth and prepare dinner, stirring, for five minutes or till toasted. Set aside to chill. Coarsely chop. Combine Asian vegetables, cucumber and radish in a bowl. Gently toss to mix. Whisk together oil and soy sauce, and drizzle over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve fish with the lime wedges, prawn crackers and salad.
Nutritions of Salt-baked snapper with cucumber, radish & asian veggies saladfatContent: