Cauliflower and caramelised onion lasagne
The ingredient of Cauliflower and caramelised onion lasagne
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cauliflower
- 2 big complete garlic cloves
- 3 x 310g packets infant truss tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, plus
- 1 tablespoon oregano sprigs
- 800g fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated pecorino
- 105g (1 1/4 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 250g packet dried lasagne sheets
The instruction how to make Cauliflower and caramelised onion lasagne
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Grease a 14 cup baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a huge heavy-based frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion. Season. Cook, stirring on occasion, for 30u00a0mins or till softened. Add the sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 10-15 minutes or till caramelised. Transfer to a bowl.
- Use a pointy knife to reduce via the centre middle of every cauliflower to create 8u00a01.5cm-thick steaks (steaks may also destroy). Cut last cauliflower into small florets. Reserve 1 1u20444 cups cauliflower florets. Place the cauliflower steaks, remaining florets and garlic on 2 of the prepared trays. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil and season. Roast for 30-35 mins or till just tender. Peel the garlic.
- Halve 2 packets of the tomatoes. Place, reduce-facet up, at the final tray. Drizzle with ultimate oil and sprinkle with 1u00a0tablespoon oregano. Season. Roast for 10-12u00a0minutes or until simply smooth.
- Process the roasted cauliflower florets and garlic in a meals processor till smooth. Add the ricotta and milk. Process till just mixed. Add the egg and half of the cheeses. Process until easy. Season.
- Spoon 1/3 cup ricotta mixture in the base of the prepared dish. Top with one-third of the pasta, breaking to in shape. Spoon over one-third of the final ricotta combination. Top with half the onion, half of the cauliflower steaks and half the roasted tomato. Repeat layering, completing with a final layer of pasta. Spoon over final ricotta combination. Sprinkle with half of the remaining cheese. Top with the reserved cauliflower florets. Sprinkle with final cheeses and oregano. Bake for 35-40u00a0minutes or till golden and soft.
- Top with the whole tomatoes. Bake for 10-15 mins or till gentle. Stand lasagne for 10u00a0mins before serving.
Nutritions of Cauliflower and caramelised onion lasagnefatContent: 525.322 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein