The ingredient of Eggplant parmigiana
- 2 eggplants
- Olive oil, to shallow-fry
- 1/2 cup undeniable flour
- three eggs, lightly beaten
- 500g jar pasta sauce
- half of cup chopped basil, plus greater leaves to serve
- 220g ctn conventional bocconcini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-antique bread)
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Eggplant parmigiana
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced). Cut eggplants lengthways into 1cm-thick slices. Sprinkle with salt. Stand in a colander for 20 mins. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a massive frying pan over medium warmth. Place flour and egg in shallow dishes. Dip eggplant in flour, then egg. Shake off excess. Cook in batches for two-three mins each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Spread a touch sauce in a 20cm x 28cm ovenproof dish. Top with 1 layer of eggplant. Top with one-1/3 of the sauce, basil, bocconcini and parmesan. Continue layering with remaining eggplant, sauce, basil and cheeses. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Top with extra basil. Serve with spinach.
Nutritions of Eggplant parmigianafatContent: