Sicilian cauliflower pasta
The ingredient of Sicilian cauliflower pasta
- 1 (1kg) cauliflower, quartered
- 1/three cup (80ml) greater virgin olive oil
- 2 Spanish onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- half small crimson chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon tightly packed saffron threads, soaked in 1/three cup warm water for 10 minutes
- 50g sultanas
- 500g bavette, bucatini or spaghetti
- 60g pine nuts, gently toasted
- 40g pecorino romano cheese, finely grated, plus greater, flaked, to serve
The instruction how to make Sicilian cauliflower pasta
- Cook cauliflower in a big saucepan of boiling salted water for five-8 mins or until simply smooth. Remove with a slotted spoon and, when cool enough, damage into small florets. Reserve cooking water.
- Heat oil in some other saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring once in a while, for 5 minutes or till softened. Add garlic, chilli and anchovies and stir for 3-five mins or till disintegrated. Add saffron mixture, cauliflower and sultanas and gently toss to coat and warmth thru.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved cooking water to the boil over medium warmth and prepare dinner pasta till al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan then add cauliflower mixture, pine nuts, pecorino and sufficient reserved pasta water to moisten. Toss properly to mix then serve right now, scattered with extra pecorino.
Nutritions of Sicilian cauliflower pastafatContent: